Terms & Conditions
Sale (Specials) Terms & Conditions
- Sales and items on “sale” refer to items currently in stock with Ubertec.
- Sales and items on “sale” exclude items on backorder or out of stock items.
- No Rainchecks, exchange for cash or another item
- Sale my include/exclude current sales/discounted/clearance items.
- Errors and omissions excepted
Sale of Goods Terms & Conditions
In addition to your statutory rights**, should you change your mind we will happily exchange, credit or refund providing the following conditions have been met: With the exception of the following products types - computers, iOS devices (iPads, iPhones iPods), Apple Watches, wearables, special order items, software and lay-by items - these can not be returned.
1. The items with the original receipt are returned within 7 days of purchase.
2. Items must be in original condition as purchased, with all labels/tickets attached. Product cannot be used, or opened.
3. You provide us with your name, address and contact details to maintain the integrity of the transaction.
If you are unsatisfied with this purchase and are unable to return to the shop within 7 days please phone or email us to get an enquiry number.
Title and ownership of all goods supplied does not pass until payment is made in full. All transactions are conducted under Übertec limited Terms & Conditions, unless agreed otherwise in writing. **It is a condition of this sale that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply to any goods and services acquired for business purposes.
Service Terms & Conditions
I authorise Übertec Limited ("Ubertec") to carry out all necessary repairs on, and data transfers from, the equipment identified in the accompanying schedule ("the equipment").
- I have authority to instruct Übertec to service the equipment (and associated software) identified in the accompanying schedule.
- Übertec, while taking all reasonable care in performing the diagnosis, repairs, upgrades or data transfers is not liable for any accidental loss or damage suffered as a result of the dissemination or loss of data.
- Übertec is not responsible for backing up the data on the equipment.
- All data on iOS based devices (for example iPods, iPhones, iPads) is erased when Ubertec carries out equipment diagnosis. Consequently, all data, except the operating system, must be backed up on iTunes, iCloud or by other means prior to service.
- Diagnosing and/or attempting a repair may uncover new faults, or aggravate existing faults, which limits the functionality of the equipment or renders it non-operational.
- Übertec is not liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any loss of equipment functionality, including a total equipment failure and/or software loss.
- Service parts or products are new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
- If the equipment and any associated software is not collected from Übertec within 3 (three) months of the service being completed it will be assumed that the equipment has been abandoned and it will either be disposed of or sold to recover any outstanding charges.
- In the event of theft, fire, flood or other loss outside Übertec’s control all risk is the owners.
- Übertec is not liable for the consequences of any data left on the equipment being provided to the manufacturer, distributor or a repair agent.
- A diagnostic fee applies to all non-warranty service requests, even if no repair is undertaken. A diagnostic fee will be charged even if Übertec is unable to recreate the specified fault, i.e. no fault is found.
- If the equipment is within the warranty period but the fault identified is not covered by the equipment’s warranty, as determined by the non-warranty criteria, a diagnostic fee still applies.
- The requested personal information (name, address, telephone number and email address) are necessary to proceed with the request for service. If service is requested pursuant to a third party service obligation, such information will be transferred to the third party for verification and quality purposes, including confirming the service transaction and submitting a customer survey. By agreeing to these terms you consent to this transfer and the use by the third party for this purpose.
- A diagnostic fee of $50 - iPhone & accessories, $90 - Mac devices applies to all repairs not covered by the Manufacturer’s warranty*.
- Übertec charges an hourly rate of $180 incl. GST for the service of computer software and computer hardware after the initial diagnosis has been performed. The service fee is billed in 15-minute intervals, to the nearest interval, after the first hour.
* Non-warranty criteria:
- Übertec or the Apple mail in facility have performed hardware diagnostic tests and the reported symptoms cannot to be reproduced
- Data Backup and/or recovery
- Symptoms are caused by a software issue/configuration.
- Damage caused by use of non-Apple products.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes.
- Damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer.
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansion) performed by anyone who is not a representative of apple or an Apple Authorised service provider.
- A product or part that has been modified to significantly alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple.
- Consumable parts, such as batteries (unless damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship).
- If any serial number has been removed or defaced.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
Definitions The ‘Promoter’ is Ubertec Limited.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Ubertec Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only.
- Ubertec reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Ubertec reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Ubertec decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Ubertec exclusive permission to use their names, email address, contact details, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
Winning the Prize (b)
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text). Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within 2 weeks of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Ubertec in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
Ubertec Responsibility (c)
- Ubertec reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Ubertec takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Ubertec’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Ubertec has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.